cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
760diehard
Veteran Reader

help with decision

I am trying to make a decision and could use some outside input. I already talked to Machinery Pete and he gave me some great data to use.   I have used a 760 Massey for the last 20 yeas and due to job changes. breakdowns,  etc, finally decided to give up harvesting myself. It is still a running machine, but as with all older machines, could have issues in the future.   I have a good 6 row 1163 head and two grain tables for this machine, but there is absolutely no market for it in my area.  I have a couple demolition guys interested in it and they have offered me $2000 for the machine and one table.  I can send it to auction, but it will be at least $500 to truck it anywhere and the guys at Pefleys in Wabash said it would not bring much more than $2000 at at their auction.  Any suggestions?   It was featured in Successful farming this last month, but still did not generate any calls.  As per Pete's suggeston, it is on seveal on-line listings.  Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Contributor

Re: help with decision

Just curious, but it seems you want more than $2000.  What do you want to get for it?

0 Kudos
Contributor

I had an old Gleaner that was over 30 years old and it brought over  $1500 from the junk yard. I hated to see it go that route but I probably would have had to put a few hundred in time and parts to get it running and then the stars and moon and all the planets would have had to line up to get the right buyer that  wanted it.  Sounds like the demo guys are in it just for fun.

If there's no local market that can bring you more, maybe you can work something out to let them have their fun for a little lower price then have them haul it to the junk yard and let you get the scrap value. 

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

We are in the same boat, have an '84 model 860 that has given us more than it's fair share of service.  We are going to advertise the heads and send it straight to the local parts salvage.  Personally I know that it has a few good acres left in it but I just don't think mine or dads conscience could handle sending it somewhere else.

0 Kudos
760diehard
Veteran Reader

Was trying to get $4000-4500 for the package, have a nice 1163 corn head with couple brand new snapping roll units plus two grain tables. 

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Curious too.  Where are you located.

Buck

0 Kudos
760diehard
Veteran Reader

I am in mid north Indiana, 75 miles north of Indy

0 Kudos