cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: hydraulic oil

It would seem to me that if the oil meets the minimum spec set by the manufacturer it will be OK.  After I get that settled, I buy on price.  I'm not going to pay for claimed benefits that aren't proven.

I've also heard that if you compare the emergency 800 number it can be revealing about how makes the oil.  You can go down the line in the oil department comparing them and come to some conclusions, but a phone call might be more definitive.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Re: hydraulic oil

Could/should have mentioned that the HTO additive was necessary for the Case skid steers which have components running nearer maximum loading than those in the IH hydro tractors.  You could run almost any poorer fluid in a hydraulic system if components are sized large enough but it wouldn't be cost effective machine.  Regardless of your experience, a better antiwear agent would help the IH component life and I certainly would add the HTO additive or use Hygard if brake or clutch issues weren't a concern.   Not kind of funny, some individuals have more luck than others.  Using a fluid with the zinc compound would even the playing field for those with less luck.

0 Kudos