cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor

keetons or rebounders

Are either necassary on a new Sunflower drill and what are the advantages of each?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Advisor

Re: keetons or rebounders

Not sure if they are necessary on a drill, but I'be had both on corn planters and prefer the rebounder's. The keeton's work well and maybe better in dry conditions, but they buildup mud in moist soil conditions. (for me anyway) good luck

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Just what Ida said. I got the Keetons because they were adjustable for wear or soil condition, but if not set exactly right, will build up a bit of mud. Neighbor with Rebounders doesn't have that problem.
0 Kudos
Contributor

The reason I was asking is this past year at higher speeds I was noticing some beans (not many) were not buried in the ground . I have been 100% no till for many years and with my  tye no til drill this was a bigger issue as it did not have the good depth control that the sunflower has. I put the keetons on the tye and it helped considerably in the hard ground. The sunflower will penetrate the ground well but at faster speeds I believe the seeds are hitting the side of the discs and spinning out. Maybe slow down (which is hard to do) or come up with a way to block the back of the disc opener. Thank you

0 Kudos