cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JD8850KR
Visitor

rogator question

Hello everyone! I'm a new member here and I thought I would start by asking for some advice on a problem that I started having with my sprayer at the end of last season. I have a1995 model 844 Rogator with the 80 foot boom.  The problem is that when I shut off the boom, say at the end of the field, I have one section that doesn't shut off completely. It slows up a lot, but contiues to spray unless I shut off the product pump altogether. I'm thinking that the air-actuated valve for that section has gone bad, but I was wondering if there's another place I should check before replacing that part. Any thoughts? All replies are appreciated!

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: rogator question

Good place to start. The one I had was a '97, and it would get moisture in the airlines and keep those butterfly valves from moving freely. You can replace the whole valve or just the top piece. I put a shutoff valve on the supply line to the foamer tank and would turn it off at night and that helped keep it out of the system. The newer 64 series and up went to all electric valves.
0 Kudos
JD8850KR
Visitor

Re: rogator question

Thanks for the info! Ended up rebuilding the lower part of the valve with the new rubber seals and bushings. The old ones were torn and wouldn't let the valve close completely. Actually got some good advice about it from my cousins that have an 854. I didn't realize that they had had problems like this with theirs before, and it just happened to come up in a conversation.

Thanks again for the response!

0 Kudos