cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apple grove

small used tractor advice

Looking for a good used tractor 50 hp range. 2wd will be ok for small acreage lots of hills.. Thinking maybe a ford 3930 any suggestions of what to look for or another tractor I should be looking at. Mostly brush hog work and other jobs, no haying or planting. I want diesel and power steering and maybe a remote other than that not sure. How many hours is too many? I always seem to buy something with a hidden problem. Getting older and can't afford to buy a costly repair.I appreciate any input.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Veteran Contributor

Re: small used tractor advice

my new hplland 3010s is a good small tractor for me

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

I don't have a tractor in that size range, but have always heard that Kubotas are built very well and are reliable. They are common around here with building contractors and I have seen some older Kubotas beaten almost beyond recognition and they are still working.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I have an 05 JD 4320 utility tractor with a loader and 6 ft chopper. It is only 41 hp but that is plenty for mowing and loader work.  It has front wheel assist.  I have been very pleased with this tractor.  You mentioned 2wd but the fwd has come in very handy several times.

0 Kudos