cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swwisc
Contributor

where to buy tractor muffler?

Dad bent the muffler on my white 120 with a low tree branch.  Is there any websites that are more reasonable in prices than my local dealer?  His price blew me away!!!!  Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
20 Replies
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: where to buy tractor muffler?

Try shoup, but you get what you pay for.

0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Yep, I was going to suggest Shoup as well.
0 Kudos
swwisc
Contributor

no room at the inn....no mufflers at shoups!!! Any other suggestions??  Thanks.

0 Kudos
r3020
Senior Advisor

Check this page. See if any have the same deminsions as yours.

http://www.shoupparts.com/19648/catalog/

0 Kudos
Longcreekfarms
Senior Contributor

Straighten the existing one? All that costs is timeand maybe a few eloctrodes. Can always straight pipe it too
0 Kudos
swwisc
Contributor

The White 2-XXX tractors had a Perkins engine with the mufflers above the hood. The 120's have a Cummins engine with the muffler under the hood.  If all fails, I will run a crossover pipe and get the muffler above the hood.  The old one was rusted on tight and a friend came over and torched it off when I was away so the old one is trashed.

0 Kudos
swwisc
Contributor

As forgot to mention that the orginal is an aspirated muffler for cleaner exhaust.

0 Kudos
buckfarmer
Senior Contributor

I got one for my newer New Holland. Same reason you are. I wanted it to fit well so I went to the dealer. When I got it it was a I&T and I had to make some modifications to make it fit. Seemed kind of pricey ($285) for something that didn't really fit. Shoup didn't have anything that new. Have you checked Abiline Machine. They couldn't help me but maybe you'll have better luck.
0 Kudos
farmerguy89
Advisor

If you know a good mechanic they can probably find you a high quAlity generic at a modest profit... I mean if shoup can't do it, that's usually my go to. And I save cause I don't Goto the dealer w inventory/ franchise fees, etc
0 Kudos