cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Ethanol plants closing?

at the end of the day it is just definition of terms........

All three will kiss butt and go by whichever term pays best.

There aren't many of the old pioneer spirit left.

It is somewhat like blue or gray, union or reb after the war is over ----- highly personal yet of little importance when the conflict dies down..... The corporate take over of agriculture is nearing at the end.  Most have succumbed only a few outliers remain.  The "old" days are at an end.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I thought of a simple question to determine if you`re a Farmer as opposed to a "grower or producer" .  At noon Farmers eat "Dinner", while producers and growers eat "lunch".   Smiley Happy    

Farmers still "plant crooked" in other words still have to follow the marker...."Markers??  What is that??  Oh you mean those worthless appendages on the planter that we don`t use."   Smiley Happy

Growers & producers have nice straight rows that look pretty from the drone footage when their (2) 12 row combines are harvesting on their You Tube channel  Smiley Happy

One local Bigshot hires high school kids to pick rocks in the summer, he gave the "rock picker" job a fancy title "Geological Reconnaissance", I suppose that beats giving the kids a pay raise.   Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Just my $0.02

Farmer= A business owner that makes the start to finish business decisions on a farm. He or she does not have to ask permission when to buy or sell a certain commodity. A farmer is active in the everyday work of the farm. 

Grower= More typical in the vertically integrated livestock industry. One who raises an agricultural commodity for someone else, usually on contract.  

Producer= A business owner that makes the start to finish business decisions on a farm. He or she does not have to ask permission when to buy or sell a certain commodity. A producer is more of a manager of people and product, and is not as active in the everyday work of the farm. Spends more time in the office.