Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

10 pm US radar

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: 10 pm US radar

That big ball of yellow in the mid south went over me. 3/4" and still raining some.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

1.8 inches here in my little slice of southern MN. Guess the planter will set for a while 5 of the next 6 days show rain chances......

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

98% of my corn planted and with what was left mud and another inch of rain last night I'm done. Flash flood warning for an area south of me in Iowa, 3" reported. The 3-4 day window wasn't long enough for many to get their corn planted and it looks to be later then most have experienced in a long time. Guess its a good day to go for a drive and see how the area did in the last couple days.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Thar was rain under them thar yellers on yer radar, CX.  We got 3"-3 1/2" overnight in NCIA, I hear Britt got 1/2" or whatever. I hear about 30 acre field ponds around the area..bye-bye nitrogen.  Some neighborhoods were bearcats to get dried out, water seeping out of hillsides. In this area there are farms that are 100% done to 50% done, Sunday more H2O is coming.  No real drying `til end of next week, so that last 25% to be planted will take a big yield cut as it will probably be after the 25th that it gets planted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Hi BA, I had 3 rounds left to finish, when I got rAined out. Now after the big rain have to replant maybe 20 acres on one farm and a little on a couple others. This could easily change for the worse with our fore cast. I had the coop's floater stuck last wed. If I knew how, I'd post a pic. One neighbor said, "if you ain't been stuck, you aint trying".

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Hi Ida, I heard Lakota got 6" of rain.  My Wife works in S Mn and a farmer was saying their area was 1/2" to a few drops.  Yesterday am driving past the ponds, Jan Mickleson on WHO had a caller somewhere in Iowa who`s monitor was beeping because he was "planting corn".   In the Ventura aera they`ve been hitting the beans the last couple days.  If everyone had the same equpiment as we had in `93, we`d probably be in the same boat as `93.  It`s going to take perfect weather and a late frost and I don`t think there`ll be the acres of corn touted.  And they can kiss good bye ideas of a early harvest bailing out the tight old crop.

0 Kudos