cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

$100 Oil, will corn have a "story"?

Not at all saying I want a war or anything of the sort for $5 corn.   I`m just sitting at the poker table looking at the hands we`re being dealt.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/13/oil-prices-could-rally-to-100-a-barrel-if-middle-east-tensions-reall...   

Oil prices could rally to $100 a barrel if Middle East tensions 'really kick off,' analyst says

• "I don't think its unfeasible to see triple-digit oil prices at some point this year if things really kick off in the Middle East," Anish Kapadia, founder and managing director of Akap Energy, told CNBC's "Street Signs" on Friday.
  • Both benchmarks were on track to post their biggest weekly gain in more than eight months on Friday.
  • World leaders continued to mull over military action on Friday, in response to a suspected chemical attack in Syria over the weekend.

show chapters
What you see is a shift in the oil market, says energy expert
What you see is a shift in the oil market, says energy expert   

Oil prices could soon skyrocket to more than $100 a barrel amid escalating tensions in the Middle East, one oil analyst told CNBC Friday.

Crude futures surged to highs not seen since December 2014 earlier in the week, underpinned by greater geopolitical uncertainty in Syria and elevated concerns over the prospect of imminent military action by Western powers.

"I don't think its unfeasible to see triple-digit oil prices at some point this year if things really kick off in the Middle East," Anish Kapadia, founder and managing director of Akap Energy, told CNBC's "Street Signs" on Friday.

15 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: $100 Oil, will corn have a "story"?

If oil got to $100, would that nullify somewhat the RiN exemption debacle?

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Sounds like a great time to use more ethanol.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Drill baby drill

Honored Advisor

I object to the wholesale export of a finite resource needed for everyday life as we know It.

Corn, beans, Milo, sugar, cotton, etc are all renewables. Oil and natural gas are NOT.

Not good for the long game. Looks very nearsighted to me. All for a quick stack of green colored strips of paper.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

"Crush Baby Crush!"  We`ll grow more.   Oh yeah belieeeeve me we`ll grow more         Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Esteemed Advisor

Corn already has a pretty good story. oil prices aren't really important one way or the other to corn's story.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Time, can corn have a sustainable rally if oil remained cheap of <$50?  Like a few years ago, we felt $7 corn was a pretty firm foundation and oil was $100-$150, gold $1800, ect.   It just seems to me that expectations of corn over $4.30 on the board have be very tempered if oil is stuck in a $50-$60 trading range.   $100 oil?  All bets off.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Spot  on  Hobby -  first  we are  told  we  need  ''' energy independence ''  ,  now  the  Syria  EXCUSE ,  YAA  RIGHT  ---

IN  comparison  might  be  ''' preventive  plantings ''  in Rhode Island  - - - 

The  word  '' UN-BELIEVABLE ''  makes  another  appearance  at  the  poker  table  ---

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Some online sources a few years old say that oil does not respond to corn prices but corn can respond to oil prices.

0 Kudos