Advisor

11-19-12 rip

The day ethanol was layed to rest.
0 Kudos
10 Replies
wiley356
Senior Reader

Re: 11-19-12 rip

pretty bold statement ... are betting everything on it !!!

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

why 19?????????

0 Kudos
BTS4-210
Contributor

yeah and I thought I read somewhere the US  headed for a 40% blend  celleous looks like the way to go

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Here`s a interesting piece on ethanol http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/midwest-drought-cause-higher-gasoline-prices-125247470.h...   dude say nuttin` gonna happen `til 2013 at the earliest.  I don`t know... good hay in small squares at $9 and big round bales of ditch grass $90, everything is going up including gas.  If gas is at $4, ethanol can be profitable with or without a mandate.  Like the dude in the video says, `84 octane gasoline is what is made, we are geared to putting ethanol in to raise the octane to 87 and 89`.  

0 Kudos
Buckley_HF
Senior Contributor

Buck, you saying the 19th of nov because the EPA has 90 days to rule on the request? Question, if someone, such as a state, puts in a request to waive the mandate, is the EPA not required to have a 30 day comment period no matter what? It doesn't necessarily mean they are leaning that way correct? This has happened before and denied, albeit I'm a little fuzzy on S&D numbers back when Perry did it so we will see. It's gonna be interesting to say the least in the next year in AG.

0 Kudos
Slim123
Senior Contributor

VR: I will write that on the calendar right below your prediction of $3-4 corn for  New Crop corn.

0 Kudos
vrbuck
Advisor

Obviously it isn't going to die,  it is going to be altered.  Once the plants are built someone will operate them.  The function is probably going to change and the economics will change.  I say bring on the free market and let the chips fall where they may.  This is the first time the EPA will enter the 30 day comment period so I assume there a change in attitude over ethanol.  It has to we don't have enought corn to last through next year. 

Forget about the 15 percent ethanol voted in last year that was supposed to take affect next year.

0 Kudos
Palouser
Senior Advisor

15% blend ....

was 'allowed' - not mandated. Obviously we aren't going there. 

The suit by big oil against the EPA study findings on 15% was thrown out ans it was deemed the study caused no harm to them. Shows you how much they think they can make on oil vs ethanol.

0 Kudos
too close for comfort
Senior Contributor

Well that gives me 30 days to spend all that money ethanol has made me before the world ends.

0 Kudos