cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: 12B Crowd

BA, exactly right! Monday we are going to take our worst corn field, tear up the bare spots and plant soybeans.(failed acres) We gotta have some cover anyway. Planted the evening of may 15. What a */!%ing disaster!  Hope to get some treated "throw away" seed from a seed company and fill in holes in our "good" corn that we won't try to harvest. I lied about the number of prevent plant acres in my neighborhood. More than i said. 2000 here, 3000 there and we're not counting all the black spots in the cornfields that are being left! I'll be harvesting replant corn thanksgiving week. come help .  I'll take last year's drought anyday and twice on sunday. At least you don't have to keep fighting drought. I thought about using prevent plant on the field of soys I planted yesterday and just pattern tiling it this summer. Its got rows in it now tho.

3!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Ida, I have never seen a mess like this around here and farmers are like deer in headlights, it crept up on us, that danged 1 foot of snow on May 2nd, it had 2.5" of water in it and we lost over a week just melting it, then about every other day a band of rain coming through sometimes 4".   I went ahead and PP`d the last 50 of my acres that was going to corn @ $500/a it could`ve been mudded in June 20th but I would`ve had to go around alot, it`s like I`ve been paying premiums all these years it`s time when I really need it, I`d better use it. I did get all my beans in, going around a couple puddles.

I know a bigger farmer that was pretty much continuous corn that made the decission to send his seed back before June 1 and go PP, because he has a higher yield, high corn base history and given all that it was just a no brainer.  Best of Luck in your neighborhood.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

ECIN, I understand what you are sayingand i would fight to help it out, but....one field has already been appraised by my sil's insurance at 64 bpa(we askedfor an appraisal because we were considering tearing it up and planting to soys. gotta leave it for corn claim to be good. never got dry enough to replant til next week anyway) How much side dress and fungicide would YOU spend on what's left of a field like this? You gotta have a stand to make sidedressing count.   Even if they are 30bpa low it's still a crop insurANCE claim. do you understand?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Hey Guy's - I wasn't say'n you weren't trying - This is a different problem than last - We had stands here - heck it was as good as this year - then the damm rain shut off - man if we just could have caught a couple in July --- You have been hosed from the start - the thing I was say'n was it's easy to give up on it - but you poor guys don't even have anything to give up - I do truly feel sorry for you guys - it's never any fun to not only lose a crop - but to not even get it planted is worse to me - you know farming is about like the 500 hundred - In the grand skem of things - we really don't get that many starts or seasons or chances for that winning year --over our life times - if one failes  - then have  to wait till the next to try again , and try we will .

Best of luck , ECI

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

BA Thanks a ton man !Cherokee has been there since 1902 !!!!! They should know what there doing !  Think I'll give them a call first thing Monday --Thanks again   !  Man Mad

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Soooooo  Ken.... having beautiful crops is a reason too check out Cherokee ?????  Thank the Lord , no reason the "Little woman " can check me into there !!!!  My crops look like $hit !!   lol     John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Big BTW....Stay away from the South Ward !!! lmao    John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Tigger, you are wrong and have been for the last 6 months. You were chirping that 12B was gone and 11B might be in jeopardy. As for the USDA and their "bogus numbers", The american farmer does what he always does. Get the crop planted and do the best job he can. Wipe the egg off your face.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Show me that pile of 12B???????????

We haven't put anything in the bin yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Don't worry Mizzou, Wrestler already has 2014 in the bin, and  a record crop as well!

0 Kudos