cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: 141-144 bu/ac corn, 37-38 bu/ac soybeans = $8-$9/bu corn, $17-$19/bu soybeans

OK, that IS funny. I got the Wizard of Oz inference - lions, tigers, & bears. Just be positioned for the poppy field. wait, where are the bulls? Ha! - from "Liar, Liar - Jim Carey", "ding, ding, ding, what do we have for him." 

But seriously, can't puts be sold to help make up some of the bottom line which is lost on physical? 

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Re: I'll take that

130 bushels time $10. That cash flow for me rather nicely. 38 bushel beans at $20 aint to shabby either. I'm going to quit fretting over this drought.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Re: I'll take that

kraft t

in 2002 and 2003 in SC NE we went thru a dry spell... once the pollination was done no amount of rain will put kernels on the cob... and as far as Soybeans... ugly...without rain they shrink back loose leaves abort blooms and the yield goes down ... picked 10 t 30 bu corn and 10 to 15 bu beans... BTW beans were 3' tall end of July that year shrank to 18 inches and shorter by harvest...  1988 wasn't that bad here but this year looks like a repeat of 02 and03 where we didn't finish with rains in July and August... just saying..

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: 141-144 bu/ac corn, 37-38 bu/ac soybeans = $8-$9/bu corn, $17-$19/bu soybeans

mkts are good at confounding.

mkts higher then WAY     off.

0 Kudos