cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

160 & 13.6

Yeah, I know "backyarditis" but in my territory the good looking corn rolls mid morning.  D2 creeping in, .2" at 40% today and nothing for a week or 2.  Corn plants don`t want one bad day in their life, so far #plant2021 has dished out a few bad days.  I think you can peel off 10% nationally.

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/CurrentMap/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?IA

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Re: 160 & 13.6

A good boots on the ground rain info site.

https://www.cocorahs.org/Maps/ViewMap.aspx?state=Ia

In menu bar select the state of choice then check color code of reporting location.

Click on any county to see actual totals to 1 hundredth of an inch.

This current rain event is basically way less than what's needed, very few one inch + totals in North and south Dakota.

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

This rain event will result in a quick buying opportunity for China and end users. 

Hobby, with your numbers, where does this take the price of corn?

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Rt, as I'm a farmer that makes me a price taker not a price setter.

This whole thing took me by surprise too.

Luckily I just semi followed the herd selling $4 something corn and $10 something beans.

$6 something corn and $15 something beans are still available and add up pretty fast. If someone had dared state we'd be debating selling or waiting at theses prices last August they'd been laughed at or committed.

They are also way above the average price most '20 grain was sold for.

In the grand scheme of things do what's right for you. Don't worry about the coffee shop or us internet dudes.

I really after the last month of these yo yo markets no longer have a good gut feeling or price target. It has turned into how much more do I want to sell and how big of ck do I want to send the irs?

Not the short answer you wanted. In my opinion this thing has not run it's course yet and still has an outside chance of higher numbers yet.  Kind of like trying to win a double handed game of "whack a mole"  in a dimly lit room with dark sunglasses on.

I read the other site you are on and notice the mass confusion over there too.

0 Kudos