cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Contributor

$2 soybean payment???

Two dollars a bushel on beans?
How is that going to fix the oversupply problem? If we assumed that beans should be $10 a bushel given today’s fall delivery beans are $7.63 at the local coop, that leaves us still $.37 in the hole. Why don’t they just pay the farmers to idle 20% of the bean acreage.
For the math wizards $2 is 20% of $10 so it costs the same to pay $2 for every bushel grown as it would to get rid of all the beans on 18 million acres.
Let’s kill three birds with one stone.

1. Fix the oversupply carryout. 18 million acres of 55-bushel beans gets rid of about 1 billion bushels of oversupply.
2. Take care of the PP conundrum. Farmers are already having planting problems and looking to PP that government backed insurance would have to pay.
3. Idling 20% of your bean acres at $10 a bushel times your proven average yield would pay way better than PP. 55-bushel yield times $10 that’s $550 per acre.

If we did this, I think there would be a very good chance for $10+ beans for the 80% of the acres that were planted.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: $2 soybean payment???

Congratulations on a good post.  However, it makes too much sense for it to be a government program.  Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I think we'll have 10 beans without  any outside market influences yields in the low 40's will change the balance sheet real fast hopefully add a China deal on top of that and could be much higher. Only see 2 days in the 70's here in the next 2 weeks when we going to start talking about GDD's.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Amen
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

20%  IDLE  ACRES  leaves  a  lot  of  imputs  with  no  home  -  that's  why  -  and  way  to  simplistic  -   -   -    

Senior Contributor

China deal haha 😂 😂. If you don’t see that sham by now you are never going to. Here comes the one card that he has left, the War card. ⚔️📈📉
0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Re: War with Iran, or China, & North Korea.

First, they say gonna move 150,000 troops to the Gulf, then they say they aren't and now they say they say they are.  War with Iran will be bad enough but he's building up to war with China too.

I guess we're going to test the Pentagon's " prepare to fight two simultaneous wars"  policy.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: War with Iran, or China, & North Korea.

I'd say about a 30% chance we get a deal done with China lets hope something happens.

As far as going to war with China may God (you fill in as you need) but I sure hope we never see it cause it would change the world forever and not good for the people.

0 Kudos