cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marketeye
Veteran Advisor

$20 Beans, $9.59 Corn

The bulls are out with their longterm price outlook. For soybeans, if demand does not slow, the January futures contract has a chart resistance mark of $19.95. After the U.S. crop is half-harvested, the nearby corn futures have chart resistance levels hitting $9.59 1/2. WoW!!!!!!

Who says this? Terry Roggensack, The Hightower Report, files this report for Agriculture.com.

Have you implemented scenario planning into your risk management strategy? Are you positioned well enough if soybeans surge and corn follows?

Mike

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Re: $20 Beans, $9.59 Corn

Mike,

"SENARIO PLANNING"-------much better than the terms my younger partners use.  Many a conversation in management meetings here end with "you'll drive yourself nuts if you plan for the worst"------and I always try to follow it with "maybe, but you better consider it as you plan"

Actually we don't always pick our words that well.  But I agree those last two questions are SUPER important.

I see why we got you at the rudder.

Thanks for the link.

0 Kudos
marketeye
Veteran Advisor

sw363535,

We devoted a large chunk of the Successful Farming 2011 Mid-Nov Marketing Issue to 'scenario planning'. I would direct you to this article to learn more. It's an interesting read.

Here's the full story.

Mike

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

thanks for bringing it back up,  Mike.

I think that article is a foundation for producer marketing. 

0 Kudos
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

to get there we need to see a sustained harvest drop in the markets to keep demand stimulated. All the smart money knows that you sell early with a short crop. If all the smart money, and btw people tend to get smarter every year, keeps selling this fall and the price of corn stays at $7 or below, and soybeans at $15, we could very easily go to those levels later this fall or early winter.

0 Kudos