Did you mean: 
Advisor

20 Million acres

Of PP in the corn belt in 2019?

Yep, it could turn out that way Easily.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Veteran Contributor

Re: What time does the planting progress report come out?

nt

0 Kudos
Contributor

Re: 20 Million acres

I'm thinking more like 45 mil . Be lucky to even get some beans in the ground. 

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

6-8 inches here over the past few days...heavy rain
Later today, and then 50 percent chance each day
For rain for almost the next week.

Someone said we were in disaster mode here, then
Picture showed up from Nebraska, tractor and planter
Standing in 1 foot of water.,..they said they were in
Sucide mode.
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Getting a accurate handle on the national yield is going to be very difficult this summer.  If only 1/3 of the corn crop was put in in ideal conditions, 1/3 put in "late & lumpy" and the last 1/3 mudded in to beat crop insurance dates.  A lot of variables neighborhood to neighborhood let alone differences within a county.  

What were they expecting 92 million acres and 176 yield?    So, maybe 80 million acres and a 155 yield that comes out in the January report?   And if it doesn`t straighten out how many abandoned acres in the fall?

Our "burdensome" 2.4 billion bushel carryover could be wiped away in one year 2019...stay tuned.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Yep, gives a whole new meaning to "burdensome".  Perhaps the market could learn that carryover is not cheap, but necessary, and worth paying for.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Yep......mother nature is taking care of our overproduction problem.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

I think I read something in a really old book about how you should save 1/7 of your crop every year so that you did not starve when the really bad crop year happened. Just something they figured out a couple thousand years ago.

Senior Advisor

Might soon be a good time to get dryer gas booked for this fall. In 96 we planted corn until June 15th. Good yields but took a long time to harvest and dry.

0 Kudos