cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marketeye
Veteran Advisor

Re: 2012 Yield Monitor

the chief557976,

Are you finding any aflatoxin? What is the test weight of that corn yielding 15-33 bu./acre? And is this the kind of yield your neighbors are finding? Or, have they started harvesting yet? Just trying to get a feel for whether the quality is down, along with the yield.

Mike

0 Kudos
67guy
Veteran Contributor

Mike, a big rain would not slow anybody down for more than a day or two at the most.  Just seems like most guys me included are going to wait until the weather clears and then hit it.  If I hear any yield reports I will pass them along.

0 Kudos
the chief557976
Contributor

Market eye, I meant to add the test weights:  57.5 on 3 semi loads .  No aflatoxin and as I joked with a neighbor about that:  you can't have aflatoxin if there are no ears!  LOL.   Our irrigatedwill run 200+ but it will have badspots, too.

Neighbors are seeing similar results .  Not much done yet.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Chief,

What % of your area has irrigation?  is it rare in central illinois?

0 Kudos
the chief557976
Contributor

Quite rare on my side of river.  More west of river.  1 mile east of us is darker soil...gets better further east u go.  Most land along river is timber

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Thanks Chief,

You are just in an area I have not seen.  Have a business friend in Crawfordsville, Ind. but have never driven in there from the west.

Always landed in Indy and driven in from east.

Sw ks working on HMC to feedlot pits ----- yield extremes low and high.  but not a place to look for national averages.  We took our share out of the supply last year-----Mike that would be the actual loss last year that usda has yet to recognize.

That "fluffing" of last years numbers is still the reason for the "fantom" bushels seen to be in farm storage-----yet to this day.-------------------but the market saw it in august when it went to the $7.5-$8 range.----2011

0 Kudos
cowtheif
Visitor

Just curious..why would anyone give this information????? The damm USDA and traders are going to use it against you!  My report.....yields suck! 

0 Kudos
colorofmoney
Frequent Contributor

And then people sit here and complain that the USDA is out of touch with reality, You would be too if no one would ever tell you anything except that you were wrong.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Color of money,     three little letters--------EWG------------stopped a lot of information sharing.  Like it or not.  

0 Kudos
lostiniowa
Contributor

First field 80 ac 453 Pioneer averaged 169 bu/ac. 52-04 DK right beside it 129 bu/ac. Next field 1/2 mile away. Poorer soil. 12 ac. 60 bu/ac That field was pityful

0 Kudos