Veteran Contributor

Re: 2012 Yield Monitor

Oops.  Sorry!  Illinois.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

090212952026[00].jpg

One week later than the last picts but from the same area as the bins will bust series of picts

Tried to get average ears, not the big ones next to a gap, the one on the left had pollination problems but is 18 rows around instead of 16 like the other two. The shucks are now starting to turn white and the corn is starting to brown out on the bottom. The ground is moist. We got nothing but a few clouds out of the hurricane.

The beans just started to yellow ever so little. Two #s are green the other is turning.

0 Kudos
Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Went to State Fair yesterday, talked with my brother in law, who farms by Snyder, NE (where they make Fire Trucks, North of LIncoln) and he is done with his harvest.  He said he averaged somewhere between 32 and 33 BPA, on ground that normally makes 160-170.  He chuckes that he at least saved wear and tear on his truck.

He didn't have any beans personally, but said they looked good in the area.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

My brother from between Linclon and Omaha finished corn last week and the ave was 77 bu, just half a crop. but the price is twice so I guess it works out.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

hobby,

I'd call that survival "spin".  ------------------ We are so "lucky" the world is sharing our production problems-----what a wreck this would be without a strong market.

0 Kudos
atremi257718
Visitor

Crawford County, IL (150 miles east of St. Louis) - Started corn harvest on August 30. Best field so far ave. 51.8  bpa @ 21%.  Total acreage is 375, but I have only actually harvested 275 acres, as I will disk down the areas where there is no corn.  Average on 275 acres is 36.8 bpa @ 20.75%, but for all 375 acres average is only 27 bpa. (All yields converted to dry bushels.)  I don't think I have been in my worst fields yet.  There has been a lot of corn disked down already on this (west) side of the county, having been zeroed out by crop insurance adjusters.

0 Kudos
marketeye
Veteran Advisor

Monday, September 3:

I traveled 350 miles from Chicagoland to Des Moines, Iowa. Not one combine rolling. There were a few combines sitting next to fields, looking ready to go. And, I saw two or three fields that had been harvested. But, not a lot of activity, I must say. I was a little surprised, I guess.

Mike

0 Kudos
67guy
Veteran Contributor

Mike, I live close to the route you took.  There are a lot of guys that are ready to roll but corn is still a little wet and they have off and on chances of rain the next several guys.  I think everyone is just waiting for these next couple of weather systems to blow through.  All hell will probably break loose on Monday!  There was one guy doing beans and one doing corn in our neighborhood today.  Have not heard any yields or moistures.

0 Kudos
marketeye
Veteran Advisor

67guy,

Your report sounds like what I was thinking as I rolled through your nearby counties. To the south of you, I heard that Bloomington, IL received 5.00" of rain, over the weekend. But, one farmer says the ground still looks like it didn't even rain. Now that's dry. So, maybe the rains won't delay you too much. Hey, let us know what your yields and or your neighbors yields look like, would ya?

Thanks for sharing,

Mike

0 Kudos
the chief557976
Contributor

North central illinois south of I-80 along ILL river:  Non irrigated sandy soil --15 bpa to 33bpa so far.  No rain for 35 days did us in.  THe corn in these fields started to fire on July 2nd.

Irrigated corn has not been started yet but yields will be great where the water was able to hit. 

0 Kudos