cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

2020 weather

https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/news/view/400/20191210-official-solar-cycle-25-forecast-update

I don't know what the gurus are saying and don't care a great deal. I'm not sure there's much to be garnered from analog studies at this point.

Let's assume it will probably be another record warm year globally, since most are these days. There are some unusual longer term shifts in wind and ocean currents- particularly in the faster warming polar regions.

But sunspot activity is deader than a doornail with speculation that we are heading into one of those long sunspot minimum periods where earth gets colder, glaciers advance etc. But clearly we're not seeing that+/+, and we're 15 years into it.

Atmospheric water vapor loads are up about 7% due to warmer temps so I'll go with another warm and wet one as the most likely outcome. 

Sunspot cycle starts on the upswing from here and that has corresponded with a higher risk of big droughts in a couple years out.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: 2020 weather

How do you explain the 23% less gdu' s at my zip code in southern Iowa in '19 when compared to '18?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

weather vs. climate

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Yea right. Warmer with less gdu' s what a winning combination.

Maybe we don't have to worry about over production.

Iceland for instance is doing good job of replenishing their glaciers the last few weeks.

Three feet of snow in A large part of he country the last three weeks. Still snowing...

Here we have been some warmer but little frost usually spells smaller crops.

Warmer winter weather does not mean squat in food production. It's all about the summer months

Semantics is just a mind game...continue...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I did happen to notice that one of you Flat Earth guys made a bold move to take a commanding lead for the 2020 Darwin Award.

https://www.newsweek.com/daredevil-mike-hughes-rocket-crash-1488622