Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

21% of 9.5M acres and 82% of 7.5M

Interesting numbers this PM

O and that sound you hear is the final nail in the coffin being started

Weather forecast went from dry all week to rain starting tomorrow night. Dried zero today and tomorrow won't do much either. Talked to some guys today with ammonia down that are throwing in the towel if they can't go by this weekend. Guys with no inputs down are done with corn

I know MO and KS "doesn't count". But 1.35M acres of corn unplanted and more that needs replant. And 7.5M acres of soybeans unplanted and more that need replanted

That's enough right there in 2 states to turn this thing on its ear if we stay wet 10 more days. And FYI. The next seven have rain chances every day with precip total maps backing that up

If we happen to miss the rain Wednesday AM I am going to rip open some wet creek bottoms and mud in some replant corn till we bury a planter or get done. Thursday looks like it's for sure going to rain. Not even going to mess with Burndown on beans till we know we can plant em. No need to spend money on Chem if it's all PP anyway.

This is no longer some joke and MT bitching

It's bad and the weather forecast says DONE.

Not to mention new crop beans have printed an $8 on the tape several more times recently

Why bother at this point. World is flush with grain
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Re: 21% of 9.5M acres and 82% of 7.5M

Planters running to day in sw Iowa , eastern Nebraska, and lots of places in northern Kansas

Saw from 4 row to probably 50' ers.

I know one poster on here from rooks co ks  finished beans today..

Saw lots of wet fields, but many are raising a dust as they are planting.

Water standing on my unplanted fields in South Podunk Country Iowa

0 Kudos
wrightcattle
Veteran Advisor

don't know.

I tend to think corn is going to yield in the 152 to 160 bu per range.

I Also feel beans will yield Way LOWER  than some others might think....say in the 35 to maybe 40 bu range.

we'll see.

btw, i have clients taking PP on ALL of it this year ( say 2,000 acres per click )....soooo might be a few less acres of Everything 2.

collect the PP, buy cows / pairs and just graze it,..

0 Kudos
timetippingpt
Honored Advisor

It is legal to graze PP? And folks wonder why crop ins in the fringe areas is getting such a bad rap?

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

I didn't realize crop insurance in the "fringe" was getting a bad rap

Course you probably don't realize that those in the "I" states don't actually farm. They are gardners.

Tell me again why a guy with a 200 APH in Iowa deserve an $80/acre payment come October for the 2014 corn crop which ironically was record breakingly large? That doesn't make sense does it? Well it's going to happen.
0 Kudos
ihtractortherap
Senior Contributor

Well those in the garden states have no clue what it takes to stay in business in the fringes. Also quite amusing watching the second and third farm generations with all their tech stuff. Their forefathers made it all possible, hope they realize that.
0 Kudos
vrbuck
Advisor

Hey i like gardenig.  I don't have to run an irrigator and I don't get flooded out with all this tile.  Once spraying is done all you do is wait till fall to combine.  I can travel to the black hills with all my time.  The hardest work is hauling all that corn to the elevator.

Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Plenty of fringe acres in the I states too. Crop insurance is contributing to their continued row cropping. Irreversible damage to 100's of thousands of acres. 

0 Kudos