cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

29 degrees prediction ....southern MN Monday night

yipes.....lots of emerged soybeans around.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: 29 degrees prediction ....southern MN Monday night

The market is very complacent........don't worry, be happy.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I remember reading that frost increases yields on beans.

Of course that was on that other site without these very bothersome ads

Just lime now Presision Planting with their defective miss engineered products

With their ad all over the bottom half of this screen.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Re: Red Steele, .Likely to be some beans need replanted,

there, if 29 turns out to B.

North of ya there's no doubt they'll replant....say 25 to 30 N of ya..

the 1st part of June beans are always best anyway up N...kinda depends on the dirt.

sandier..gravel, less organic dirt Most times grows the Great beans anyway there.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

They say 32º in NCIA, but in the low ground that could be 28º quite easily, too close for comfort.  It won`t do the corn any good even if the gp is underground.  There`s a reason the oldtimers didn`t plant beans until after the 20th of May.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Little snow here this morning and now the weather says 24 for a low here tonight dif have the planters cleaned and put away thought it was to good to be true. Oh well more expenses just what we need this year. If it were easy everyone would be doing it.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Here in northern ND predicting morning low of 22 degrees and we had freezing temps this morning. I am thinking any Canola up will probably be toast after tonight and with this low of temperatures sure could hurt Canola just trying to emerge. i would guess the ground will be little stiff in the morning especially after last few cold days and having cold rain and snow yesterday. Any Soybeans up will be toast and i guessing alot of sugar beets could be hurt too. I think wheat and barley will surviive but will not do it any good. I am wondering how neighbors to north will be doing with these temperatures with there crops. Also i betting this is going to go alot farther south than anyone realizes alot of replanting and damaged crops.

0 Kudos