cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

3 Things to Watch This Morning: Tuesday, 11/25

Good morning, all! Anybody getting ready to hit the road soon for Thanksgiving? If so, watch your forecast. Sounds like a couple shots of snow are moving into the Midwest. Snowfall amounts won't be too huge -- up to 3 inches in most areas -- but you know how people are driving in the snow this time of year, especially for the holiday! Stay safe out there!

Anybody starting to do any year-end tax planning? Sounds like things are quite a bit different this year, deductions-wise, not to mention the drastically different income picture. Anybody getting an early start on planning?

There's about 860 million bushels of corn still in the field even though the trade is saying yesterday's USDA crop numbers basically mean harvest is wrapped up. Is there still corn standing in your neck of the woods?

Hey, here's today's "Big 3." What else is on your radar this morning...besides snow?!

5 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: 3 Things to Watch This Morning: Tuesday, 11/25

Had a meeting with the accountant just yesterday. No surprises and everything is right in line as to what I had planned. To quote Hannibal Smith, "I Love it When a Plan Comes Together".

Very little corn planted in this area but what little we had has been harvested for nearly 2 months. Milo is a different story, still have a few stragglers but they are the same ones as last year and will probably be the same ones next year.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

It must be every area has its stragglers. They must like fighting the cold and snow.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

I saw corn yesterday flattened knee high by the 50 mph wind
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Still cutting milo over here.........

Am I in violation of Usda regulations if I cut milo today??  Do I have to stop???  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Only for lunch SW. That is mandatory.
0 Kudos