cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

$4 corn and $10 soybeans

How many prayed for those numbers a few weeks ago? I know a good friend was in my office about four weeks ago, asking if I thought $3.50 corn was possible again.

Fast forward a month, we saw $4 and $10 come and go. Hope most people got caught up on sales.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: $4 corn and $10 soybeans

Last sale was everything but the bin sweepings for $4.10 cash

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Hey !  you forgot $2 wheat

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

This has been a case of wanting "$3.50...$4.00...ect " but when you get the circumstances to achieve those prices you get reluctant to sell.  NIA and SMN have a good crop coming, it appears, but as nice of a rally as it`s been it`s still red ink for many.

I haven`t sold new crop and it`s not because I`m greedy, it`s because even with this rally it isn`t enough to stick my neck out and sign a contract.   I could be wrong, but I think the downside is limited (we might have a white knuckle retracement) but the trend is our friend.  I will make the enduser this deal, if I get across the finish line with this crop and they have $4 corn and $10 beans, I will sell all but my needed feed supply off the combine.   It`s just "$4 and $10" isn`t enough to sign a commitment in blood that I will absolutely deliver those bushels.   If they want my commitment they`ll have to pay or i`ll just let it ride and take my chances.  

JMHO 

Advisor

0 Kudos