cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

4 point drop in corn, 2 in soya..........

see if past weather or future weather will trump............

cotton crop is in horrible shape, that will add acres pressure next year..........

corn and soya are still behind pace even with more GDU's............better hope for a nice August and September..........because for a lot of acres, May never happened............

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: 4 point drop in corn, 2 in soya..........

Certainly looks bullish, if you are someone who didn't get any rain over the weekend. How much of the corn belt got more than 2 tenths?  !5 to 20%

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

After looking in my "back yard," the corn will be a little worse than we have suspected. Last year, the beans were really good. I have my doubts at this point that even the beans will make close to average. The funny thing is, that my neighbors are all talking about how much better thier corn is than last year. I suppose it does look a little better from the pickup truck. Some of these folks are going to get a real shocker when they start pulling ears next month. Not counting last year, I am figuring 70 bushel less than my seven year average.  

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

The funny thing is, that my neighbors are all talking about how much better thier corn is than last year. I suppose it does look a little better from the pickup truck. Some of these folks are going to get a real shocker when they start pulling ears next month.

That is what I have really been noticing. Fairly good looking ears on the outside rows, but once you get in to the field the ears get smaller. I suppose due to less wind, higher heat buildup in the daytime.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Five year avg for good to excellent corn rating for this week in July is 72%. So this 62% rating should be ringing alarm bells. Other markets in real trouble are grain sorghum at 27% good to excell. and cotton at 29% . With the dollar falling apart America is on sale to the world!

0 Kudos