cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

4th of July Corn pix

DK48-37 planted about the 12th of May, not tasseling yet, needs a drink. 404(4).jpg403(4).jpg

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Looks Good

0 Kudos
Contributor

Re: 4th of July Corn pix

Corn looks good, but kinda hard to pollinate with this........Japanese beetles are killing me, both corn and beans

2012-07-03_17-08-56_333.jpg

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

I noticed planes flying around yesterday and I'm assuming they're headed to cornfields that look like yours.  We aren't quite that far along but I'd be spraying that field today. 

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Nice looking corn BA. I wish my corn looked that good. My corn is about 2 ft. shorter than yours and at full tassel!

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Thank you BlackSand.  What a year huh?  My heart really goes out to you folks out east.  If there would just be a unseen break in this drought and give the whole growing area a nice 3" soaking over 3 days and a inch a week there after, that would be terrific. The price would come down a little but that`s okay, I just don`t like to see all this extreme dryness.  The `bad news bears` that used to get under my skin, I just can`t bring myself to tease them. I just hope the best for everyone and that they bought crop insurance. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Re: Looks Good

early corn in the mid south is done alot of the irrigation is done, and at 110 day in day out  with no rain there will be corn shelled last of july 1st of aug.  deep south should be shelling now

0 Kudos