cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Re: So, tell me, who's fault is it that all those people don't have ....

The real issue here is ....... no one lives on the farm any more...... No one has to figure things out and be prepared ahead of time....... We all moved to the cities and put our feet up.  where we are not allowed to build things or fix things..... We have no need for industrious individuals...... we have social workers.

k-289
Senior Advisor

Re: So, tell me, who's fault is it that all those people don't have ....

Hope  the  soft  ware  for  my  36  row  planter   &   24  row  harvester  aren't   in  hack - ransom  jeopardy  -  -  -

Who  we  gonA   call   -  ghost  what  - ?  

0 Kudos
unlgrad
Senior Contributor

Re: $60 Oil

While that is funny, that is a myth.  Both used Mechanical pencils and pencils until the Fisher space pen was developed and the company spent 1 million of its own money to develop it and NASA $0 .  Fisher sold the pressured pens to NASA for $2.39/pen,  funny, when NASA first paid $128 each  for mechanical pencils.  The fisher pens were developed in 1965 .  

Edit:   Nasa bought 400 of those pens for $6/ pen in 1967 , not the $2.39/pen price.  Still a bargain compared to the pencil.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Lyin' liars gotta lie.

Wind is only a very small portion of the TX issue (and is a non-issue if they'd included de-icers)- it is primarily a failure to harden peripheral components on nuke, coal and gas plants and, probably once it all sorts out- utilities unwillingness to pay the freight* when spot NG prices spiked.

TX of course is not connected to the SW grid but OK is doing well under similar conditions.

The SW grid is the most wind heavy portion of the national grid and has performed well in extreme circumstances.

*emergency order let's them surcharge customers. Because we wouldn't want the shareholders to lose money.

sw363535
Honored Advisor

Ill keep it simple ---- electricity is not an energy source...... it is created from an energy source...... 

Even wind mills ........ require wind movement which is an energy source...... 

Sunlight is an energy source ..... but solar is an extremely expensive conversion of that energy.

This green energy hype avoids the reality of cost and creation of electricity facility costs

Wind is the least efficient energy source ...... just a few steps above friction from rubbing sticks together.

Green energy is going to force us to nuclear....... the reality of not thinking this through

k-289
Senior Advisor

AND   so  much  for  Nat.  Gas  being  a  salvation,  with  coal  gett'n  a  boost  from  Mother  Nature in  3  days,  that  politicians  couldn't  budge  in  4  years  -  -  -

This  weather  event  is  a  Politicians  Nightmare,  left  &  right ,  while  the  little  man  pay's  -  -  -

Is  Elon  having  moving ,  second  thought's  - maybe ? 

Rhine  Stone  Cowboy ,  lyrics  could  have  a  new location - maybe ?    

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

I have a map on my wall in the office that brings me back to reality when the knot heads preach the fossil fuel sermon.

It is a wall map of the world at night.  Primarily it shows where in the world the lights are brightest --   but also it shows the glow of all the natural gas being burned as waste in areas where oil is produced..... A bright reminder of how much fossil fuel energy is wasted on a daily basis.

I been listening to the "end of fossil based fuels" for 65 years and production continues to increase............ go figure.

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

ALL   the  re$ource$   wa$ted  during  this  political football  antics  in  Texas  &  elsewhere , would  have  installed  the     ''  scrubber  "  updates  in  the  steam  stacks  of  the  coal  fired  facilities  ,  hands  down !  !

Texas now,   has  the  largest  wind  resource  fields ,  in  a  petroleum - NG mega  area ,  leaves  me  asking , what  was  R. Perry  &  associates ,  trying  to  prove  - ?       

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

who makes this decision?

Wind energy makes very little sense financially and continues to be extremely expensive (and it does require a backup energy source and reserve energy supply).  Yet they continue to be built no matter who is elected ............. does unlimited federal spending keep this hoax alive.....   We are trashing them and building them at the same time in the sw.  

Who on earth thinks this is a good idea..... We have overrun our coal and natural gas backup generation levels.  

This has the intelligence of a New York Governor in charge.

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

Re: who makes this decision?

While  the some  of  the  Lone  Star  folks  boast  of  succeeding  from  the  Union ,  keeping  the  lights  on,                      might  be  the " 1st  item  of  business "  -  -  - 

Does   Big  Hat ,   No  Ranch ,  apply  to  this  discombobulate  -  maybe - ?

Annual  Weather  Events  in  that  State,   keep  it  in  the  headlines  -  -  -

Marty  Robbins  sang  , ''' Wild As  The  West  Texas  Winds '''  -  song El Paso - ?     

0 Kudos