cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: 880,000,000 a month

Ray, if you really need the corn, you could continue that moisture discount into November..........just a suggestion.......Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Corn is just now shooting a tassel here in va. Maybe 30% of it. Even by my southern standards, it's 10 days late. All planted between 4-15 and 4-25. How is this high moisture and low quality corn going to fit in? All farmers prefer to leave her stand until 17% or less. Propane ain't cheap....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Longcreek, you are way ahead of the rest of us. 10 days late will be a winner this year. 

Southern Ks boarder will tassel sometime in late july.   Normally would be seeing some today.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Understood. Just my opinion that it's not just the corn belt that is behInd and wet/cold all spring. Received 3/4" in 15 mins yesterday. Pulled off a piece of wheat and baled straw yesterday. Running a bale wagon and got all but the last 100 small square off the field before the rain cut loose. So close. Just enough to drive you nuts Lol. Anyhow, went on with it and got them off today and double cropped beans in.
Still waiting to mow 2nd cutting alfalfa as its Rained 5 out of the last 6 days. It's full bloom now and I'm chomping at the bit. Rather have too much water than drought though. At least the cows are happy!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Ray how much does it cost to ship corn from SA and run it through ports. If it was cheaper to do that than ship northern corn south how much soutern corn will really be shipped north.  I'm trying to learn here, not argue.

0 Kudos