Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: 9 - 13 Frost Update

Smiley Surprised  Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I was looking over some overnight dew points.  Iowa from what I saw looked OK, staying in the mid to upper 30's - but, again, that was at the airports.  I'm sure areas outside of the airport got lower than that.  It looks like the Rochester, MN area could have gotten hit pretty hard last night.  Winds went calm just before daybreak, and the dew points, that were hovering around 35, dipped down to 32.  Again, this was at the airport.  There could've been areas that got up to 5 degrees, or maybe a bit more, colder than that.  I'm heading out for a bit, going to take in the Oklahoma State Fair here in OKC.  It's not a real big fair, but gets me out of the motor home for a bit.  It's cold here - only 52 degrees.  I'll have to see how many Okies are out at a fair when it's this cold.  I suspect not to many yet.  

I'll check in later, as we all try to assess what happen last night, and wonder about tonight.

Jen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

One more thing before I head out - New England now looks to also be affected with this cold snap:

10 Day forecast of 1000 mb (near-surface) temperature and wind from the GFS model

These are much lower temps than were forecast even yesterday, and all of Ontario is now in the frost zone.  But hey - New Jersey - she looks OK, and should be able to make up for all those lost bushels the last couple of days and into next week.  Maybe we should take VR's advice - don't worry, be happy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU

If that doesn't do it - try this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

Smiley Happy

Jen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Ag talk is lighting up like a Christmas tree with frost reports Deep South... Wow.

Fwiw Jen, I see Friday as being the possible stress test locally... 4c. Decent wind speeds. Wed for me carries no risk yet.

For now wind/clouds/ water keeping up.

Anyways too much hot air in houston
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Temps on the new forecast run have warmed a bit.  Frost is still going to be possible though in the low lying areas the way it looks, but at least it's warmed enough that what got frosted last night won't be hit again.  I'll take a look at it again later.

Jen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Jen,

apparently, there's too much hot or heated air coming from my area.

Also, seems ILstevio & 89 don't like a way I post maps or something...guess they have issues - hey there, y'all try drinking some fertilizer or something - ya jerk off's - ain't nuthin' you or I can do to drop my IQ --

SO sorry, go plant yourselves in cement or something else - like line your pockets with lead and jump in a lake -- if you got a problem looking at what i post!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Wow!  Someone got their panties in a twist after being called out.  So answer my question and I'll leave you alone.  What is your skin in this game?  You have been pumping this thing for all it is worth all week.  Just curious if you are a producer that is worried about your fellow farmer friends up north or are you a trader hoping to cash in on the misfortune of others?

0 Kudos
Advisor

Lol I was just following everybody else's joke. I will also assume you were sarcastic in your reply.... If not, duel at dawn: mt bets 80s; I bet my life, I think we know that large bets that people won't follow on make a person have the know how to market a crop Smiley Wink :d
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Dam 89  !  I think that heated up air down there is getting to our Texas buddy - lol

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Wait ---- I thought  the " cash in on the misfortune of others" stuff was that we did all summer on those massive record crop predictions. 

No wait the term predictions is not appropriate----- Lets call it "bet on it", guaranteed, absolutely best ever,  in the bin, etc etc

Let's see how far this sucker can go down.....................   

Never understand how producers get into the chearing for a crop that does not exist.  Maybe all farmers are seed dealers??

0 Kudos