cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

‘94-‘95

F2F passed because the heyday of neoliberal farm policy had arrived- China was going to soak up more than we could possibly plant.

Bad news- it didn’t work out that way. Good news, Clinton reversed course on subsidy cuts and then Bush made them permanent.

I’m 100% certain that I don’t have a real good handle on what’s going on. But almost as certain that a lot of people who claim to don’t either.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: ‘94-‘95

This story finally coming out that the China Flu was created in a lab and the "patient zero" wasn`t a Civet Cat, but rather 3 workers at the Wuhan research center.  China is at risk of turning the world against her and President Xi may not be exactly "president for life" unless he is expected to assume room temperature this year.   Therefore China can`t afford to tick off the rest of the world, especially the US, therefore doesn`t have the gravitas  to cancel too many orders.  We can make this work in our favor, if the geriatric putz in the White House will use the power to do so. 

This is different than 25 years ago, inflation was dead & buried, real interest rates were high, we weren`t on this "print your way to prosperity" policy that we are now.

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

I most definitely think an embargo on all grain and meat shipments is in order!

There were an estimated 500K* cases in Wuhan so I'm certain that a possible 3 cases among people living in that population doesn't prove anything. But we already know that China was less than forthcoming throughout the matter- we need to know more. Not withdrawing our people who were supposed to monitor that sort of stuff would have been a good idea, as would have been quarantining everybody, including returning US nationals coming from Europe- where we really got hammered.

Test, trace, isolate. It is just that easy!

* a later estimate, several times larger than the official count. But the 5K official deaths tend to support that. Remember- it is Just the Flu.

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

No cases of Covid in bats or civets ....but in the fall of 2019 3 humans that worked at the Wuhan facility came down with Covid 19 and China said ...nothing, there`s your "patients zero".  

Covid19 might not be "just a flu" but rather "a flu".  just like I can eat Planters cocktail peanuts and be just fine, someone allergic to peanuts gets sick at the smell of peanuts and dead if they consume some.  China needs to reimburse the rest of the world for their tort.

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Lab accidents have occurred. Not too many years ago a worker at NIH found some old vials labeled “variola” and walked them across the street, outside containment.

Could be. I don’t trust China and Taiwan doesn’t trust China- that’s why they did so well initially. Their VP is a Johns Hopkins trained epidemiologist. Ours was a guy who went broke on gas stations and wrote a “There Is No Second Wave” editorial in the paper you cite.

We should have been watching very carefully and ready to react. This, whatever it is, doesn’t absolve you of anything.

Just The Flu.

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Over at Forum The Endowed Chair In Heliocentricity and Pederasty at the Pope Leo X Institute has already said that Fauci was in cahoots.

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

So, if you are raising Identity Preserved Soybeans and your neighbor sprays Dicamba in a 20mph wind and smokes your field, that is somehow "your fault for not paying attention"?

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

About a 90% consensus that the next severe zoonotic disease would come out of China.

Read Michael Lewis’ The Fifth Risk. That’s not discussed extensively but the greater theme is what happens when extremely unserious people try to dismantle all the things that government does but they don’t understand.

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

If there’s a bias in the scientific community regarding the lab leak theory it is because they always expected something similar to happen soon.

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

I’m more interested in really hitting China hard regarding the wet market and wildlife trade etc.

As well as other places that still permit those sorts of things.

That is not compatible with being a part of the international community that is linked by extensive travel.

0 Kudos