cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: Supposedly, the Chinese government ....

Supposedly, the Chinese government encouraged and developed wildlife farming as a way for poor small-scale farmers to earn income, from which they have since retreated.  It's one thing to have a wild-caught game market that is limited by the natural resource and a farm-raised system where there can be many multiples of animals raised in close quarters.

It was interesting to hear Gottlieb talk on CNBC, "it's surprising that here a year later, we still haven't identified an animal species origin" but then again the CIA's report about the lab workers is labeled by the CIA as low confidence.

In the end, the conclusion is, nobody really knows yet.  

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: ‘94-‘95

Back to the point I was trying to make originally.

But first- a mild apology for riffing on past farm programs, but a major peeve of mine. Being an old Republican, I figured that the massive, almost unprecedented farm bailout that began under Reagan was probably the lesser of evils- either you pay the farmers or you bail out the Farm Credit system and the FDIC.

But by '95, the greater systemic risks had been averted and it was time to get the durn gubmint out and go it alone. Even though I was in no way under the illusion that everything was going to be sunshine and lollipops, as billed.

Anyway- we've misjudged China before and might again. And there's a whole bridge hand full of other wild cards right now. It's been fun but I hope we weren't just in the nice part at the beginning of the funhouse.

As I said, I don't know, but tend to mistrust those who think they do.

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: ‘94-‘95

As far as the lab origin, I don't claim to know. Do know that scientists had long feared a jump from wildlife to humans in China.

But I must point out that over at Forum the conflicted moderate confidence intel assessment regarding Russian bounties on US troops is the most heinous of Deep State plots.

A low confidence assessment on this the same, I suppose.

0 Kudos