cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

A Hint of Fall in the Air

A quote I just heard on the weather channel. All these fronts dropping out of Canada for some time now. There has been nothing from the SW this summer. The next week Minneapolis has nothing in the forecast over the mid seventies.

What a goofy year we have going here, from the markets to the weather.

Jen
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: A Hint of Fall in the Air

Would that introduce us to the thoughts of an early frost?

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

great question Shaggy!!!

would think so, but let us here from the expertise.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

It was just interesting. I had just come in for a break, and there it was. It's actually pretty cool here today. Had a guy from the local coop come to get some corn and we gave him a sweatshirt because he was so cold.

This cool air would be OK if we were tasseling, but we are still probably two weeks away from that, maybe more as now I just heard them say that most of the Midwest will be up to 15 degrees below normal. The cool temps are being brought down by a front side of a high over Hudson Bay, and then brought down into the states by that low pressure system that I mentioned this morning that's going to be over Lake Superior. If this setup were to happen in September it would tend to get rather chilly.

For now the larger concern is still the week after.

Jen

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

interesting indeed for July 23......just looked @ nat'l temps---lower 70's as far south as N MO and mid-90's in KA. GDU's a concern again???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

Makes one wonder if this late corn is going to get enough sunshine to beat Jack Frost?
0 Kudos