cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

A funny marketing story..

That was a close one....
By Suzie Horne on December 6, 2010 5:13 PM | No Comments | No TrackBacks

“But I thought you were doing that….!” - famous last words perhaps, but in the case of at least one farming family things have turned out alright.

The normal routine for this family is to sell grain early in the season but this year, Dad thought son was taking care of it and, yes, you’ve guessed it, son thought Dad was doing the selling. So, it was drinks all round when they recently discovered that neither had done the deed.

It’s just a good job they hadn’t both sold it early on ….

Sometimes forgetfullness is a good thing!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: A funny marketing story..

Sometimes we do right in spite of ourselves.  Better to be lucky than smart.  Bur what if the markets had tanked in the meantime??

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Clayton they would be still drinkin I am sure but also probably crying!  It'd be horrible to see two grown men crying at the pub but it's happened before! LOL

0 Kudos
Contributor

So they farm together, but the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing???  Who is in charge of harvesting or maybe they forgot that too.   

0 Kudos
Friend

And maybe God had another plan!

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Wasn't it last spring we heard lots of things like we were drowning in wheat-----the world if full of high $$$ advise ---sometimes appears we have a more advisers  than we have operators--

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

In the olden days they used defer storage charges until the grain was sold. One time my neighbor stored grain in the elevator until the storage charges exceeded the value of the grain. Of course we didn't have the kind of prices that we have today. They called him and asked him if he wanted to keep on storing the grain.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

I think i bought a life insurance policy that worked like at that one time. 

0 Kudos