cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

A gift for the Desert SW

If this pans out some of you out West will get 1/4 or more of your annual rain in one week!

http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/p168i.gif?1460373230

Is this why corn is down, as you will be tempted to plant corn in those frozen-out wheat acres with all this rain coming your way?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: A gift for the Desert SW

I run the same map yesterday, for the same peroid, and it was 1/2 of what this map shows..........

confidence in this low

This looks pretty......but we need to see if it really happens.......suggest you check

www.cocorahs.org

to get the ground truth

ElGrumpo

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Got around 6/10 of it today........ first moisture since early Dec.

Thanks elcheapo for the link   wheat, and corn both getting a beating in the markets.... 

Three different land sales were "no sale" in the last two weeks in this area..... Getting hard find bids.    

7 farms closing down in this area...

0 Kudos
Advisor

It's like a guy from the TX panhandle told me- 10" a year and something to see on the day it comes.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

SW....what church you go to ? Maybe that's what
I'm doing wrong !!!!!!
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

As I thought....new model out a little bit ago,
And the amounts have changed....and they
Are lower:

http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov

Now what does the wheat do if we only get a inch
Rather than the 5 inches forecast ?

We go down $1 ?????
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Rule # 1:

The market(s) can stay irrational longer than most can stay solvent and sane.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Cheapo  lets keep hilleery's goon squad out of sw ks....... I'd rather not say .... anything about a church..... I got friends who don't need an IRS audit...nor deserve one  nor an investigation for anything else.....  I am not her competition or a partner that disagrees....... 

But if we could "bus in" a church protest and a political fund raiser to a well picked location I am looking at this morning........ well lets say a little wind and 60+mph gusts and set the podium in that sandy upslope................. I'd listen to those lies for hours...   Sit close by for encouragement.......... and help her to carry every pound of that expensive real estate she can carry home with her...  or show her where she can "invest" it.    cattle futures.........

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

A little bitter there sw? Gosh, everyone I know has turned $1000 into $100000 trading cattle futures without taking one loss over the course of a year. Woman Mad

0 Kudos