cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sw363535
Honored Advisor

A little help on market report

Someone besides me saw this today.  Explain it to me  What happened in Illinois ?

image001.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
rayjenkins
Veteran Advisor

Re: A little help on market report

map on the left shows year to year change in production for each state

map on right shows the increase from sept 1 2014 to sept 1 2015 in corn stocks in each state

0 Kudos
illinifarmer
Advisor

Guys that avg. 200+ bu. Last year are coming in at 150-160. Don't know if ray has talked to any farmers local, but corn sucks in IL this year so does the price in Chicago!
0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Ray that is the way I understand it as well........ How did production in Illinois drop 395 million bushels and stocks go up 285 million bushels.....  Did Illinois import over 600 million bushels from other states or up the mississippi??  Seems contradictory...

Especially to the record yield reportedly coming in.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Ok......... It is a cherry picked report showing the 14 production high as the increase in the "prior to harvest" report giving the increase in stocks....actually a comparison of 14 production with 13 production---potential real stocks as prior to 15 harvest.  And using the projected crop of the 15 production to show the reduction in production yet to be cut compared to the 14 production...... 

Not sure that is relevant or comparable 

Correct if my slow mind took the wrong alley..

0 Kudos
rayjenkins
Veteran Advisor

bingo......been trying to divine the relevancy all day...still searching!

0 Kudos