cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
freedom1493
Veteran Advisor

Re: A little note on the stock market and the economy

Well, one of our friends bought his wife a new Maserati this year...so I would say he is doing pretty good. 

Another is an electrical engineer making 6 figures, so they're doing pretty good too.

Do you want me to count the doctors, teachers, business owners, or just the other farmers, etc., that we know? 

Around here, the govt allows cottage industries.  There are many Amish too.  So people get pretty innovative at making money.  Lots of tourists, hunters, townies who pay well for local produce, homemade pies, jams, and other items at local fruit stands, etc.  A pie goes for $15-18.

Know a kid who has paid his way through college by growing and selling multiple varieties of heritage-seed plants like tomatoes at farmers' markets.  He would start and grow them in the early spring in his apartment, under grow lights, then haul them off to various farmers' markets.  He has made several thousand dollars each spring.  Smart kid.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quickchart/quickchart.asp?symb=vix&insttype=&freq=&show=

VIX is the key to the stock market- instituonal investors heavily short as a hedge against long stock markets, speculators record short as the offset.

As you can see, it can go on quite a while but gets nasty quickly when the music stops.

I have a theory that if VIX goes through the big downtrend line there will be a bog kaboom.

More likely on the first go round just a bounce up to meet that line which would be pretty wicked on its own.

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

I've jumped the gun before confirmation.

But a close in the SP below 3074 would create a weekly key reversal. That would be a gong sized bell about a top.

And many many more people are dancing than there are chairs.

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Unemployment claims edging higher, LEIs negative for a third month just add to the flow of soft economic data.

Hanging on hope that a small (and perpetually receding) trade agreement with China and the notion that the Fed will bring a truckload of feed for the bull every day is going to get dicey.

0 Kudos
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Methinks the smart money is in the process of unloading their stuff onto widows and orphans.

0 Kudos