Re: ANYONE ELSE HAVING TEST WEIGHT ISSUES

on your "if USDA..." = 1.26 bil bu...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

F4f and cx 1 most corn is not low tw

My better corn is 56# or more

Do not make your calculations as though all is low tw, it is mostly above 54# much above 58.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@Waterlooiowa wrote:

Some of those million bushel piles might only have 950,000 when cleaned up,alot of bins might be 500 bushels short for every 10,000 normally in them.Back when I raised hogs we had a year of lightweight corn and I think the protein level was low,had to mix in a little extra soybean meal every time I ground feed.

Those million bushels piles might look like a million bushel pile to those driving past but the guy who bought the corn knows there are only 950,000 bushels because he paid for the weight going over the scales not what the seller said the truck had inside.

BTW, our test weight here in east central IN have been in the 58 - 61 lb range. Test weight is not an issue here. The only issue we have run into so far is some non GMO not passing the test. The field was completely surrounded by beans, has to be a seed issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

This was just a question in Michigan it is a big deal the two of you need to relax dont burst a vessel over a simple question .....have a nice day everyone

0 Kudos