cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: ARC payment

Dr, your last statement is totally wrong.

Jim lives in a two county area that is a black hole , all grain in his area is sucked into the the best basis area in Iowa, also no crop failures there. Check out arc pmt for Linn and Marion counties Iowa. If he'd have signed up for arc, instead of going with the defaults of plc he'd be in line for a healthy check.

The system was designed by the same crowd that **** up health care. 

Most better crop growing counties around mine are also getting a payment.

Time to get out the wooden stake and silver bullets.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Hobby,

You forgot to mention the most corrupt part of the ARC program.  If you farm in more than one county, after the rates were set in the beginning of the program, you were allowed to pick which county you wanted to call your 'base' county, and then all your acres in every county (even counties that had zero ARC payments) get the highest base county payment.  So the guy that only farms in a non  payment county gets zero, but the guy farming all over the state, got to pick the highest paying county he farmed in and got that payment on all his acres.  Like getting the test answers ahead of time and totally sticking it to the small farmers/med. sized farmers in non paying counties. 

Why would the government not just pay each acre according to the county they were in?  Unbelievable that there are still people out there that don't understand how corrupt our system is.  Of course, if you did away with theses programs, lots of government jobs would be eliminated, and that isn't going to happen. 

Read this description of medicare's 2013 law of not negotiating for prescription drugs. "If Congress passed a law saying I have to buy a Mercedes Benz for each of my kids but I absolutely cannot negotiate price with the seller..." 

Healthcare would be fixed much more quickly if everyone who get a paycheck from any government (fed, state, local) had to buy their health insurance like a private small business or individual does. The taxpayers are paying for their cadillac plans and paying through the nose for high deductible, high premium plans for themselves-- robbery.

Crop insurance should not be subsidized by the government either.

Having the freedom to fail is a good thing in a republic.

75,666 on 919 acres
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

can I barrow some ????????

0 Kudos