cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjoseph
Frequent Contributor

Re: MT you are wrong

vr , does that mean that after 52 years of reporting they can skip a whole year ?  LOL

0 Kudos
KsGC
Contributor

Re: Acres........

Here's a question (thought) I have? If we are having all this early warm up/early planting, wouldn't the spring wheat guys be planting more of their traditional spring wheat acres and not corn and beans??

0 Kudos
outofthemoney
Contributor

Re: Planted Acres

Ken

If i compare the insurance coverages between beans and corn then I don't beleive there is any doubt.....you plant corn. BUT if I am of the mind set that I am not farming for the insurance guaranty but rather look at the profit opportunity then I think there is room for debate. For example......... I have a nice river bottom that will produce 65-70bu beans even in less than ideal weather conditions. I have considered going to COC on it, but with the rally in the bean market, if we see a bearish report Friday, there is no doubt it goes to beans as planned

0 Kudos
GoredHusker
Senior Contributor

Re: Planted Acres

I really don't understand why one would use the crop insurance spring price to dictate planting intentions.  Soybean prices are quite a bit higher than the spring price.  One can forward contract and/or hedge prices better than the spring insurance price.  Why wouldn't you use prices as of today to make decisions rather than prices from a month or so ago?  If you raise your average yield or higher, there's not much of a chance of collecting anyway. 

0 Kudos