cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Ag Masters

Last year they stood out as being right on the markets, much like the "Tigers" on here. When someone builds a track record of being correct, you naturally become curious as to what they see in the future.  Being a tightwad, I have been trying to glean as to what Ag Masters see in our futures. I found this nov `12 newsletter http://www.agmasters.net/images/E0287801/2012Nov12MarketNewsUpdate.pdf    they sound bullish to that point.  I really should subscribe to them, it`s $995/yr, but I`m so overloaded with info now.  The more you know, the less you know Smiley Happy 

I read in the Corn and Bean Digest, that Richard Block is saying "$7.50 corn is the worst thing to happen to us" ..well the heck with that noise, I`m not subscribing to him Smiley Happy   Okay I understand his point that you destroy demand at that level.  However, we are "price takers" we don`t set these prices and if the market will offer a better price, we can`t been in the charity business and make donations to the endusers. As competitive as farming is we can`t be leaving $2/bushel on the table, because someone will surely come along and take it, if we don`t.  And I know the sword cuts both ways, every dog has his day and one day the sun will shine on the bear.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Longcreekfarms
Senior Contributor

Re: Ag Masters

7.87 corn today in Shenandoah valley of Va. Gloom and doom in the media hasn't made it to my venue apparently. Maybe the bearish bullsh-t USDA numbers of the big crop coming opened some bins and created the high export numbers? Needless to say I'm still long and waiting. Half of old crop under lock and key Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

Anyone have updated comments from Ag Masters?    

0 Kudos
ray h.
Senior Contributor

On the point of the price destruction part,why has'nt equipment makers,auto makers,fertilizer manufacture,fuel companys,and many others price destructed?Better hope that your corn doe's not go to a level suggested by the bears!

0 Kudos
Longcreekfarms
Senior Contributor

Ray h, on that point.... Where did the bailout come from? The price of a new vehicle should have come down as demand did, but the automakers wouldn't take less. So very few were sold and they were sitting on a pile of unsold product. We can make do without a new pickup truck. But people have to eat. Demand rules all from this farmers perspective.
0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Longcreek,

All makes sense until you consider that meat is a luxury protein.  And alcohol is not a food product.   

at least not for a few of us.   It is just a green fad.

0 Kudos
Longcreekfarms
Senior Contributor

Good point Sw. But the more I hear about SE-castrations and fiscal cliffs and such, the more alcohol it takes to to swallow it down. In 08 with the housing bubble, anheiser and playboy stocks both went up. What a world we've created....
0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

I stand corrected, -------- it is the alcohol that is a required food item and the beef is a luxury item.  And congress is the "end" result of the overindulgence of both.

Or is that the alcohol is the food we get while congress gets beef they have taken from us while we are celebrating the grain markets.  Maybe a calorie exchange followed by a calorie tax.  

My wife says i have a big calorie footprint.............................

0 Kudos
Longcreekfarms
Senior Contributor

Where's the kudo button for our wives? Lol
0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

I could make a wise crack on that one, but I'll let it go.
0 Kudos