cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Ag chat rooms are full of con men

I have never seen so many get rich quick people come to these ag chat rooms trying to peddle their wares. So many fall for the scheme and device, why is it. I counted four the past month. When most blow up their prognostications they talk in circles. Read the bottom line question what you read.
0 Kudos
19 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Ag chat rooms are full of con men

If its a sales pitch don't read it.

Or read it and realize there is an ulterior motive, albeit perhaps a noble one at that. 

0 Kudos
Advisor

As long as they pay a premium like every other advertising agency. As well as being agreed upon by host with regulations.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

And if they are selling financial products or services, are compliant with the securities laws governing sales and advice to the public.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

On the other site there was a old dude named "seasoned citizen". Well he regaled readers with his days of trading in the pits and the "whiteshoe boys" , some thought he had the inside scoop.   He would give calculated advice where he was "right all the time" like a fortune teller at a carnival.

Then one day "To all my fans I am going to leave you all....but I will take 150 of you and give you my advice for the low price of $300...when 150 of you sign up, then I`m gone and I won`t take any more of you".   After a couple weeks "well I got 150 of you ...good bye!".  Then periodically someone would ask "Those of you signed up with seasoned citizen, how`s that working out??"  some would say "disappointed" but some still high on the placebo effect "oh yeah, great best $300 I spent yada yada".

Okay, maybe less than 150 signed up with him or maybe 1,000 did...who knows?   Those that said "yeah great, I love his advice!"  how do we know that wasn`t his nephew under a different handfle?   This is the internet where everybody`s awesome!

But I will say this, farmers are pinched right now and ripe for a pickin`.

0 Kudos
Advisor

0 Kudos
Advisor

Nice advise 

4BC7B318-021D-4956-8463-6258A4211495.png
0 Kudos
Advisor

People that bought beans on the 10th are going to spend times money. Seems like the trip to France dulled his trading senses.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Caveat Emptor. Deal only with established firms, get references. Stay away from anyone who's website is a Facebook page.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

And your point ? I told u I am not a bean trader, so I probably know only a little bit more than you about beans.

Corn is a different story...

0 Kudos