Re: re: You need another option John

Kraft-t.: Good point. Thanks.

I wonder what the other responses would be from those who checked "Other?"

John

0 Kudos
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

I guess your right John. 20% did check other.

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

Actually you need another one for krafty.......

Have none to sell, sold it all last winter with a 5...........

0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Good one MT.  I selected other on the poll because I'm already sold.  My total bushels was 8.3% of my APH, so I sold it across the scale.  Probably left a little money on the table, but I was ready to close the books on 2012.  It was still a very respectable price, didn't feel I had enough bushels to truly attach my heart to the market.  Just for the record, when you guys talk corn, I'm substituting milo for myself and keep posting accordingly.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

I checked other also. Two of the other choices have a part in the selling but there are tax issues and the news and gut feeling are also a consideration here. The finding of the "right" capital expenditure will trigger sales regardless of price.

As far as a set target price nope don't have one of those. Maybe should have a little more discipline but hard for an old dog to learn some of those "new to me" tricks.

I'm not feeling a real need just to sell for the sake of trading one form of "currency" (bu)for numbers on a pretty strip of paper. (fiat money).

My gut feeling is we are short for at least 7 more months in the corn side and therefore there is no rush or hurry needed. Beans are a much shorted timeline but may get quite interesting by the last couple of weeks of Jan. Basis may have to do the heavy lifting, but the fundamentals point to a pinch in available supplies the first half of Feb to me.

I am NO expert and this is worth just a little less than you paid for it. 

0 Kudos
semndairyguy
Veteran Contributor

Re: AgPoll: Selling 2012 corn

I chose other too cause I sold it off the combine cause I had bills to pay. And the rest I will sell by the CWT or walk off the farm one quarter or half at a time.

0 Kudos