Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor

Aircrafts in action Libya

Things seems to going out of control in North Africa

Oil is up 4 USD a barrel...

How much can this problems escalate????

EU is going to "talk" soon.....perhaps Kadhaffi is out of power....but other says ciwilwar in full scale...

What do you think Obama has to say and do???

All info but al ja seera is blown out!!!

Not much of marketq from me but at least 60 dead people....hell is under way again..

b w

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Aircrafts in action Libya

I am not sure when these (dicktaters) will learn...... Better keep people fed and working or there will be he!! to pay...... p-oed 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Dictators will do well to keep their subjects well-fed in the future, whether Egypt, Libya, or even China. One can interpret this positively for the grain markets.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Latest news note off our wire says OPEC is confident it can supply any necessary shortfall (full story.)

"There is ample supply in the market, and we are ready to provide more crude in case there is a need for it,"  United Arab Emirates Oil Minister Mohammad Al-Hamli said.

The comment came as oil prices in London hit $105 a barrel Monday on news that the strife in Libya disrupted some production,  Dow Jones reported.

0 Kudos
Contributor

looks like big oil is subsidized big time.  lets have opec pay for some of our fifth fleet expenses.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

From the news reports I am hearing Libya may be out of the oil supply for a while. This may impact Europe mostly since that was where their oil went however if Europe needs more from other producers it would seem to come back to all the world's users.

Report here from a Canadian that was evacuating an oil production facility in Libya that had come under attack from armed people. He said the rig was on fire. He and others from the oil rig were supposed to be travelling overland in the desert to another site and had not been heard of since then.

As for the air attacks reports on radio here say there is heavy fighting in Tripoli where the airforce had bombed protesters and facilities.

Reports claim large explosions and machine gun fire.

2 Colonels in the Libyian air force flew their planes to Malta and refused to bomb the protesters.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

hi euro,

The unknown fear is, when given the chance to vote, whom will these people vote for?  I suspect that the west will wish for the good ole days, (aka, strongmen in control).    Lets see, we have been pals with the saudis, the kuwaiti royal family, saddam, the shaw of iran, gadaphi (sp), king of jordan, mubarrak, etc. etc.,  Lots easier to contain 12 guys, rather than  1 billion people.  You can bet bin laden and friends are busy getting votes lined up for the "new" democracies...   On another note, do you have any suggestions on doing geneology in sweden?  most of my familoy came from smaland, but we have can't get much info.  We spend lots of time on ancestry.com, but thought maybe there was a swedish church site or something. thanks.

0 Kudos
Advisor

In times like these it's scary to think of how I'd be feeling coming off some bad years instead of good ones.   Going to the accountant today for taxes and advice.

0 Kudos