cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Re: An enormously important story

Not to sound like a Luddite but for decades all of that food that “feeds a hungry world” that was the result of grains and feedstock that went through a combine involved one 6 or 12V battery on the combine itself, or in the early part of the era the tractor that pulled it.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

You can take this entire thread and shove it.....right over to the Ag Forum.  Most of this drivel will be welcomed over there. 

Honored Advisor

When one of their beloved liberal scoundrels gets quite a bit of negative press. (Hunter Biden)

They come out throwing all kinds of red herring distracting crap.

This is getting disgusting seeing this repeditive non farming stuff with no redeeming value.

Just drives people away...

Honored Advisor

The irony is rich, a China fanboy is concerned that Morocco is going to have too much power over the world`s phosphates?  Smiley Very Happy   Morocco doesn`t have a nuke or world domination asperations, unlike the super power that goes pee-pee in our Coke. 

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Hmmm.

Didn't see where anyone actually addressed it.

Phosphates are a big deal.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

So Hunter Biden and I are bad guys.

What about phosphates?

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Who`s the real villain, Mosaic?  They wanted tariffs on Russian and Moroccan phosphate imports to the US.  I favor tariffs on Chinese flat screen tv`s and other crap we don`t need or should be building here, but on a finite resource...let`s strip the world!

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3639275-u-s-wants-tariffs-on-phosphate-fertilizer-imports-from-morocco...

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Dumb.

I’d be importing as much phosphate as we can and conserving our dwindling and higher cost resource.

As they have to move to lower grade rock they need tariffs to make it pay.

But they would always be happy to have tariffs to raise prices, regardless.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

So what`s the argument that Morocco will control more phosphate, they won`t sell to the US  b/c of he Israel peace agreement?   I would say a peace agreement lowers prices all the way around.  If Islamist partisans are angry about it and sell to Brazil or whoever, that frees up more Russian phosphates for us to buy assuming we don`t tick them off too.  We wouldn`t do that.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Any company or country with a  enough control of supply will raise prices and/or use it as a weapon when they feel the need.

0 Kudos