cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

And it is GONE

2,400,000 bu pile at the e plant is down to bare concrete. No line , not probing, just weigh and dump this morning.

5 months till new crop...
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Re: And it is GONE

Best basis of the iowa flint hills group of e plants.

South central Iowa short cropped last year may show up in better basis bids.

2.59" of moisture last 3 days at home, many areas with more, a few with less.

Big area of rain delay. Not gonna be a big early harvest in iowa. Too much not planted yet.
0 Kudos
elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

Record yeilds. Record yeilds
0 Kudos
cborman11
Senior Contributor

Great week for our prices huh,thanks idiots the farmers will still continue to try to get our crop so you people can trade it.
0 Kudos
illinifarmer
Advisor

Aye working for free again this year boys, it’s like deja vu all over.
0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Just went out and looked at fields, first three days plantings are just spiking through, can't see much difference in emergence size. Seven, eight, and nine days planted.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Just checked ....

Jan, Feb, Mar 19 price at e plant is $3.99 this afternoon.

0 Kudos
elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

I thought we had too much corn, in all these piles
0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Ethanol exports in March this year were second highest on record.

Flint hills e plant in east central Nebraska is 9¢ better bid than any in Iowa ($3.84).

Neb is # 3 in corn production nationally.

Flint hills e plant in Camilla, Georgia is at +75¢ basis.($4 .81).

These "massive" supplies really aren't as massive AS advertised, it is more closer to the fact that they are geographically challenged..Just check prices in SW Kansas, or Hereford, Texas, you may find prices start with a 4 there too.

Planters in mucht of Iowa are parked and will remain so for several more days, not conducive to massive yields, still can be good.

Feathers, hooves, industrial use, human food and exports are running at 14,000,000,000 bu, we are on target to grow less than that this year.

We are less than fifty days away from the longest day of the year., planters parked on rain delay, more rain by middle of next week.

We maybe fast but gonna take more than a day or two a week to get r done. Mudding in the second half of the crop will help alleviate massive supplies.

Argentina just went to 40% interest on loans this week. Third largest south American economy is imploding.

China is getting rid of their stockpiles of old corn. Manipulating their farmers to raise a few more beans, Brazil having drought issues with their second crop corn, 

I don't think there is a massive over supply of corn... just some that is geographically challenged.

I know it is hard to tell but I am bullish corn, spread chicken litter on any ground that was even slightly low on soil tests, put on just a little more nh 3 than I ever have. I did reduce population down to 27,200 planted. still looked thick enough to me last evening as it was just spiking through.  50 acres short of being done planting corn. No beans this year.

0 Kudos
giolucas
Veteran Advisor

Great information hobby, thanks.
0 Kudos