cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Any Race Fans out there ??

Thought I would drop a note to any Open Wheel Fans that the Chili Bowl National's - ARE on LIVE tonight on MAV channel -- On Dish that would be channel 248 - AND I think 214 on Dircet at 8:30 Eastern - 7:30 Central

What a better way to spend a chity winter night than to watch midgets from Tulsa OK !

BTW I have been on the phone with Dish for 45 minutes TRYNG to figure out WHY I can't get channel 248 - BUT they are working on it - dam the luck !

Have  good one !

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Any Race Fans out there ??

If you can't find it there are midgets from oklahoma, west Va., and Indiana all trying to beat Kansas basketball teams this afternoon.  Smiley Happy

Channel 209, 36 & 12 --on direct.

0 Kudos
Advisor

I will be figure 8 racing in Brooklyn Iowa April 26 and 27. Much better to watch from behind the wheel!
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

tree fmr ---might have to come and check you out......what is ur number going to be??

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Any dirt track late model race fans here

Our venue of race tracks is very limited in Ontario, Canada

When we go south into Ohio [Auldura, Attica] etc. we get the pants beat off us

Not enough seat time with the big boys or the cash either, some race 3 times a week

Top of the line, new engine is 50,000 from Roush racing

We have to settle for the 2nd or 3rd tier stuff, after it has raced a bunch and needs to be re-built

Sorta like buying a 5 yr. old truck and expecting good things

Chassis set up info is non existant around here, except for trial and error on your own

Very expensive hobby, so we mostly race once a week during the summer,

at local and only track that has late model dirt, class of cars.We are sorta like a big toad in a little puddle

Sometimes we make a splash and some times we don't

Pushing over 800 H.P with tires and weight about the biggest part of the rule limitations

Dry track and 600 H.P is about all you can get hoocked up,[forward bite] sometimes

Dry track and handling or set up is king, plus finish the race with out burning up the tires

800.00 for a set of tires and 1st place money is 400

About like farming might be if we see 3.90 corn at the end user. [Hope not]

Auldura is out of our league, too far and too expensive

Sponsors are like the bank, they want to be paid, some how

We pay our own bills on the car, with some friends that help

Just like any other family, have to have some fun in our life time. Everybody likes different stuff.

Maybe the market will see this post and give corn price a boost, so we can keep racing [lol]

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Hey Ray - LMAO   -- If you go to watch some figure 8 racing - don't forget to where your bib overall's and put in your your Billy Bob Teeth - lol  Oh , and if you go in the pits ,  might want to take a bat  with you too !  also with  lol

0 Kudos
Advisor

Rayj,
13 or 88. Depends which car my brother gives me. Will be the only driver they announce from Japan!
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Thnx....only an hour away so might need to take a crop trip that evening...

ECIN-----I live in the shadow of Knoxville Raceway...about 15 miles outside of town.....watched the Kinser clan haul the cash out of there for many a year.....I see young Swindell made a big run at Tulsa, but couldn't make it all the way back to the front...

0 Kudos