Honored Advisor

Any marketing resolutions for 2019?

I give up on resolutions, I break `em after a week anyway   Smiley Happy   Last three years a good strategy would be to forward sell about now and be ready to buy a "call", well after not doing that I`m so broke I couldn`t afford the 20 cents to buy the call, so there I`d sit naked & scared in a 2019 July flash drought.  So, I`ll keep doing nothing.."this time`ll be different, right?" .   Well the grain market can`t waterboard us a 4th year in a row, can it?  Son`s future FiL says "no hope in beans", there`s always hope, but a 1 billion bushel carryover is a lot of flatulence ...anybody got a match?   Smiley Happy

Happy New Year all!

Honored Advisor

Re: Any marketing resolutions for 2019?

The following are not resolutions. They are predictions...

Any good rally will be met by massive selling.............until it's not.

The corn and soybean carryover numbers will continue to climb.........until they don't.

The exports of soybeans will continue drop.......until they don't.

Ethanol will continue to get the blame for higher food prices.........until they......wait....they always will.

People will continue to blame Trump for everything.......until he is no longer in office......wait......they will always blame Trump.

USDA will continue to predict massive yields........in March........until they.......wait......they always will.

My marketing resolutions?  Sell on the highs.........buy on the lows......and to not take myself so seriously.

Honored Advisor

I resolve to continue being a bottom third marketer, since I break resolutions..hey it`s worth a try  Smiley Happy  I remember being at a park and a kid was busy carrying rocks and dumping them into the river, one guy said "now if you told him to do that, he wouldn`t carry a single rock".  So I wonder what would happen, if you purposely tried your hardest to hit the bottom of the market, if a million bucks was riding on it, it would probably be just as hard as hitting the top of the market.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Same as always, I guess.  Put some sell orders out for the CBOT and see if they get hit.