cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Any rain out west today?

Canuck,

take a gander at the Star sat image on the "wheat may not hang....." thread.

only southern wheat areas greening up are far southern/central KA, cental OK, and very sparse area in central Tx.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Thanks CX!  What is grown in the SE OK and E TX area on the map that is green?  Is that area less wheat and more corn and beans?  Or perhaps other crops such as cotten, rice etc?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

a little bit of C/B -- but really no corn NE Tx ...more central and south east for corn --se area being around Corpus Christie which is due sw of Houston.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Canuck, In OK and KS the best wheat area is along  and maybe 60-80 miles west of I-35.  East of there gets into grassland due to rocks and hills.  i.e. KS flint hills region.  And more rain, so that other crops are grown on the bottom land.  Further west and it gets dryer.  What was traditionally wheat/summer fallow country.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Shaggy,

from the looks of radar you oughta be real close to gettin' a cold drizzle --hopefully it moves your way!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Yes you are correct, it is almost a down pour right now. I mean a down pour of drizzle. I timed it and I needed to run the windshield wipers ever 22-25 seconds when I came in. Add this the the soaker of .03" we received last night and thru the morning and it is a real toad strangler.

First time we've had a little mud in months and my sixth grader is all torqued off. Apparently he got his track shoes all dirty at practice this afternoon. Kids, the ability to turn honey into vinegar at the drop of a pin, but churning is fun and I wouldn't have it any other way. Just gotta love em.
0 Kudos