cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Any trouble signing in or logging back into the forum?

Just wondering. I have had issues and trying to figure out if it is just me or what.

If a session 'times out' and prompts for you to 'log in' again do you have trouble getting back in?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Frequent Contributor

Re: Any trouble signing in or logging back into the forum?

I don't seem to be...

0 Kudos
Advisor

I don't think I've had any issues....

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Hi, Palouser. Yep, we've had a bug floating around the system the last couple of days and we're working on it. Wee're in the process of making some improvements to the login and profile pages, and I suspect this may be part of that. Guess we're cooking up a new omelet and trying not to break too awful many eggs!

Do let me know if you keep having trouble. Drop me a line at jeff.caldwell@meredith.com if you continue having difficulties. Bear with us! We'll get it all right one of these days!

Thanks, everybody, for your patience.

Jeff

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Glad to hear about your efforts. I was trying to find out if it was just me. I can always get on, but it is a bit quirky for me.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Re: Any trouble signing in or logging back into the forum?--YES

Palouser & Jeff.I have found this site basically unuasable with Foxfire. I don't know what you do different to all the other sites I visit. My name & password is not remembered and it prevents Foxfire from remembering it. As a matter of fact I currently can't even log in in Foxfire, I used MS Explorer to login and complain. Beyond logon all the difficulties I offered back in September, or so, are still valid.
Login is difficult/impossible and format is all centered and takes 2 pages to get down to a post.

I do not intend to use explorer as my brouser so use of this site is basically terrible or worse.

By the way Safari is not real good either.

Chrome is terribly slow and it doesn't handle the graphics or text real well. Might be able to change minimum font size like I did on Firefox.

Point being I don't think I should have to change all my browser settings to use one site-yours, so I probably won't.

Jim

By the way I sent screen shots of text misalignment anf displays back in Sept.

0 Kudos
Contributor

PS-- When I posted using explorer it told me my post had been changed as there was illegal HTML .

Don't know what drove that as I was not aware of using any HTML in the post.

Jim

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I do use Foxfire, so maybe there is a commonality there. I do have issues with some screens when I use zoom to get the page out to the edges of the screen, but have noticed that in other internet sites. Usually increasing or decreasing zoom takes care of that for me.

I also could not get my name and password remembered, but that has solved itself for unknown reasons.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Just now 8:57 central, the page has appropriate formatting, but still can't login using Firefox, could with Explorer.

Currently the formatting problems make the first line too large and the body of the post very small.

Before last setting change first line was OK, but body of post was too small.

Also, it appears that my normal spell checking is blocked and I am forced to select 'spell check' on the posting page.

Normally anything I post in a browser window I have 'correct as you go' except here.

I really don't need the site attempting to control my browser in these manners.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

The built in spell checker with FireFox is accepted by the majority of sites, but it doesn't work with many sites. Don't know why.

0 Kudos