cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Any way you look at it........

.......the corn and soybean carryover numbers are set to decline.   Whether or not anyone from the CBOT or USDA will admit it at this time is another story waiting to be written.   The current prices are bargain basement prices for the end users. Don't give me some lame excuse that their margins are too tight and prices can't possibly go higher to keep the demand.  They need these products to stay in business.  Also, don't claim that other countries will sell crops cheaper and thus we have to be cheaper to keep the markets.  So....if you are the cheapest and get the sale, does that make you the winner.......or the loser?    The screws are being tightened on the American farmer.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Any way you look at it........

Just a thought ------------------and i tend to blame sick markets on too few participants in a monopolistic economy on the buyers side.   --------------

But we have just seen corn prices fall for nearly three years....................That has trimmed acres in wheat.............Why not corn?   Is the seller side just as monopolistic as the buyers?     Does that signal that the monsanto's and ADM's and Feeding industry already control production?

Do we always have to change personnel to make changes?

0 Kudos
Advisor

Declined crops have a history of more decline this time of year. The TREND is set,  folks can kick the can down the road til the can wears out too.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

today, I spent a while on the phone.......every once in a while I contact a number of "well known" people and ask them their

thinking and given my situation, what would they recommend doing to help me "capture" more profit....

I have to say kids, I wasn't quite prepaired to hear what they said.

it's been my opinion, that we should see commodities rally...

wbmmmmmmmmvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvheat....we didn't have nearly as much wheat as the year before, I haven't seen the final harvested acres, but I suspected it would be

really down due to dry wx and crop conditions, and was grazed out or something..........

on the corn (milo), conditions are dropping every day, it's dry in the western corn belt, in these parts claims already in, and some

has all ready been chopped.  it wasn't a perfect crop to start, being late planted, water problems, etc........

beans.......that's a hard one........a lot of beans around, a lot of dry wx, they are still there hanging on, but the long range forecast

is not pretty.  Yes we will raise a lot of beans this year, don't get me wrong, but we use a lot of beans and export a lot of

beans........

but many are less cheerful on a good outlook on prices.

the thing that seems to have really made a kink in things was the crop condtion report, showing conditions down, but

little if trade reaction.

my question was, just what is it going to take to reverse these markets........and not a lot of good answers.

if anything, maybe a pop after harvest.....but figure the cost of an option that far out would be expensive.

there is some thought that maybe we could see some fireworks in a few weeks when we see some reports

and crop conditions.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

I'm in a way that I need to make some sales, and there does not look like much hope on the fall crops

if things don't start to turn abound.........I might have to go to work for FB !!!!

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

You talkin work for FaceBook?  What do they pay?

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

nope, Farm Bureau.................I know, I'm a failure

0 Kudos