cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marketeye
Veteran Advisor

Re: Anyone getting rain overnight/today?

If we truly have a 'heat dome' forming, in the 11-15 day outlook, this rain could help bridge the crop past that hot/dry spell. And even better news, more rain, beyond today's, is expected before that 'heat dome' is to arrive.

This is the time of the year that if it rains in Chicago, the market thinks it's raining across the Corn Belt. Even though, a lot of folks may not get a drop out of this rain event, we could see that "Chicago" affect set in. And I will say, the WGN telecast at 12-Noon is often played on the big screen, on the floor. So, that weathercast and those maps tend to influence the trader's thoughts, don't think it doesn't. On the other hand, with more electronic trading involving more folks outside of Chicago (and around the world), that mentality may be fading. It might be something interesting to watch. 

Mike

0 Kudos
colorofmoney
Frequent Contributor

.40 again yesterday and more on the way today.  Brings my total for may to 10.4 inches.  Needed the rain but its going to be awhile before we can get in and spray.  Planted in the dust in late april since may 1st its been fairly cool, Got the rain we needed now we need the GDU's here in SWMN.  Couple of guys still talking about replanting beans, not sure what there take is after 3.4 sunday and the .40 yesterday

0 Kudos
Blacksandfarmer
Veteran Advisor

Farmer Deere, must be nice to have gotten 1.5" a week ago. I farm on the Michigan, Indiana line. We haven't received any measurable rain in nearly a month. Lawns look like they have been burned down with roundup but field crops although slow growing are still alive.

0 Kudos
Jim Meade / Iowa City
Senior Advisor

1/2 inch or so.  Could use another inch.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Hill City, Ks ... Rain for the month of May ... POINT 01 inches

I have a little trouble calling that "rain"

I've seen heavier dews than that.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

point 45 hundredths of an inch here SW of DM, Ia 45 miles.

I still had beans laying in dry dirt from three weeks ago on my north farm.

0 Kudos
Blacksandfarmer
Veteran Advisor

We finally got about a quarter of an inch of rain yesterday. We could certainly use more rain but at least this keeps the crop alive for now.

0 Kudos